1 loaf white bread, unsliced
1 410g can baked beans
2 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. Brown the onion in a saucepan
2. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli, curry, cumin, coriander, chilli powder and salt.
3. Let the spices cook with the onions for a few minutes until golden.
4. Add the tomatoes and beans.
5. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Cut the loaf of bread in half width-wise and pull out the soft part inside, leaving a 1cm crust shell.
7. Fill with the bean curry and garnish with fresh coriander.
Eat with your hands, preferably sitting at the beach around a big open fire.